The Complex Needs Program is designed to provide long term support to individuals who have a developmental disability and have been identified as having complex needs, posing a significant risk to themselves, others or property. They require intensive services and have, or have had a history of one or more of the following diagnoses or life experiences:
- A mental health disorder
- Difficulty accessing appropriate supports and/or service termination(s)
- Specialized treatment for psychiatric and/or behavioral issues
- Multisystem involvement
- Incarceration(s) or criminal justice involvement
- Chronic substance abuse/dependence problems
- Individuals will live in a safe and stable environment
- Individuals will have a reduction in risky behaviors
- Individuals will have valued relationships with others
- Individuals will have access to the appropriate supports and care when needed
- 80% of positive change in goals related to individuals living in a safe and stable environment
- 80% of positive change in goals related to a reduction in risky behaviors.
- 80% of positive change in goals related to individuals having valued relationships.
- 80% of positive change in goals related to individuals accessing appropriate supports and care when needed.
The Complex Needs Program will use a Goal Attainment Scale to measure the successful, partial or not successful attainment in the Individuals personal goals. The Complex Needs Program will administer a yearly Satisfaction Surveys based on the questions in the Personal Outcomes Index currently endorsed by Government of Alberta.