Community Living Alternative Services (CLAS) is a private social service agency, incorporated in the Province of Alberta in 2004 to assume operations formerly conducted under Kigep Management Ltd and Kigep Community Support Programs Ltd.
The Agency has developed and operated community and residential, individual and family support programs since its inception. These programs have been developed in response to the needs identified by various communities including Alberta Family and Social Services departments and community boards (Child Welfare, Supports for Independence, and Persons with Developmental Disabilities), Employment and Immigration Canada, Government of the Northwest Territories, Government of Nunavut, and the Ministry of Social Services British Columbia.
The programs of the Agency operate as community based services with a philosophy of early and timely intervention, with emphasis on the least intrusive/restrictive measures to promote the best interests of individuals and families. The Agency is committed to the provision of innovative, well organized and individual centered services.
Our commitment is to promote the development and well being of individuals, to strengthen positive relationships between individuals and their communities, and to promote independent living.
A Community of Choice, Safety, Rights, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Respect for the rights and dignity of persons.
- Dignity of risk.
- Responsible and safe caring.
- Integrity of Relationships.
- Social responsibility.
- Community Connections (Inclusion).
In keeping with its philosophy and mission statement the goals which guide Agency operations and programs include:
- integrating individuals with existing resources, and
- providing the necessary supportive measures to enable the individual to function with increasing independence within their community.
The objectives of services are:
- To maintain individuals in their community through the provision of practical and concrete supports,
- To increase individual’s daily living skill towards greater self-reliance, and
- To increase individual’s access to formal and informal resources within the community.