We have many different programs that may be good for you. You can ask your PDD Client Services Coordinator to make a referral to the program that you want.
Cochrane Community Program (CCP)
Helps people with disabilities to learn work skills. Some of the jobs that the Cochrane Community Program does are to help clean up the Cochrane area parks, clean up parking lots, deliver flyers and newspapers. This is paid work. Some jobs can also be with private companies.
Each day, there may be different jobs to do. Clients can work alone if they can or with a group.
The Cochrane Community Program also helps people with recreation. On Fridays, there is a fun day activity. During the year there are dances, camping trips and parties.
Community Support Program (CSP)
The Community Support Program is a program that helps you with skills that you use every day.
It can help you with things like:
- Learn to do things on your own
- Live in the community
- Find your own doctor
- Understand your money
- Buy things that you need (ex. bus pass, food, clothes, medicine)
- Deal with life problems
If you need support for a few hours a week the Community Support Program can help.
Day Alternative Program (DAP)
We believe that you will have better health if you are with other people learning and staying active. The Day Alternative Program is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Just about everyone comes every day to the program. Activities are held in the community and in our building. You spend most of the time with other people in a group with a staff person. You choose up to 2 activities each day. Some activities you can go to again and again and others only some times. You get to community activities by walking, taking the Calgary Transit or by a car driven by staff.
The kinds of activities are:
- Educational and General Interest: math, American Sign Language, reading, computers, world geography, current events, French, beauty club, volunteering and tours like city hall, radio stations, SPCA, Zoo, police & fire stations, libraries, Bragg Creek, Elbow Falls, Tyrrell Museum, Cochrane and more
- Recreational and Leisure: swimming, camping, bowling, darts, billiards, power walking, palates, Wii, Karaoke and more.
Supported Living Program (SLP)
The staff of this program will help you and your team to write a plan to give to PDD. The staff will then help you to find the services in the plan.
Some of the services could be:
- Supported Living Arrangements – roommates that help you learn how to:
- buy groceries
- pick what you want to wear
- spend your money
- cook meals
- learn how to get along with others
- Community Outreach Supports – staff help you to learn new skills such as
- Organize your home
- Plan and cook meals
- Choose good foods
- Help you live on the money you have
- Go to school and classes
- Find places and people to have fun with
Residential Support Program (RSP)
The Residential Support Program is located in the City and in the country around Cochrane. This program offers Group Living Arrangements – staff work with the Individuals in the home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This program is for people who need a lot of help with their problems. Staff teach people how to get along with others.