Right to Information

The agency keeps files on all Individuals accessing services at C.L.A.S. These files are private. You can look at the parts of your file that C.L.A.S. writes after you ask in a letter to see it. You, your guardian, or your advocate can do this.
If you find that the information in your file is not correct, you have the right to ask staff to correct it. You also need to put this in a letter. The Program Coordinator (the boss of the program) will help change this.
The information in your file is only used to help the staff to plan services with you and your family.

C.L.A.S. also uses a computer and a program to store your information and to write your Service Plan for PDD. This computer is at the C.L.A.S. office. A copy of the information is also stored in Calgary. Your personal information is kept is very safe. Only your staff and managers from C.L.A.S. can see your personal information after using two different passwords. The computer will be able to put information about your goals and our services into reports that will tell us if we are doing a good job or not. None of your personal information will ever be on these reports.

Right to Appeal Process

If you have a concern or a problem with services being given to you at C.L.A.S., there is someone to talk to. Here is the list and how to do it in the proper order.

  1. Support Worker (CRF, Outreach, Key-worker, Roommate)
  2. Supervisor
  3. Program Coordinator
  4. Executive Director of C.L.A.S.
  5. PDD Client Services Coordinator

Each person will try to fix the problem. If they cannot, the next person will help out. This is done in a meeting. The meeting will be held within 10 days after the complaint has been made. Both the Individual accessing services and their guardian can have a support person attend the meeting. The Individual accessing services and their guardian will get a letter that will tell them what the final answer is.

What other Rights do I have?

People with disabilities are also protected by laws made by the government. Some of the laws are:

  • Alberta Individual Rights Protection Act
  • Canada Charter of Rights and Freedoms

There are other papers that talk about your rights like the:

  • V.R.R.I Bill of Rights

There are other services that will help you with your rights like:

  • Alberta Association of Community Living
  • Disability Action Hall

Your support staff can help you to learn more about your rights and these services.