What to do if somebody hurts me?
If someone hurts you, this is called ABUSE. You can talk to someone that you trust. It can be a staff member of C.L.A.S., or it could be someone outside of C.L.A.S. You can also call the police.

What kinds of abuse are there?

  • Sexual
    • an unwanted touch to a private part of your body
    • unwanted sexual comments and motions
  • Physical
    • if they hit, slap, kick, push, burn shake or bite you
    • say they can or will hit, slap, push, burn or shake or bite you
  • Emotional
    • When a person calls you a name or picks on you
    • If a person says mean things to you or about you If a person yells at you when they are mad
  • Health and Safety
    If you do not get help with these things:

    • Have proper food
    • Get your medicine
    • Dress for the weather
    • Go to a Doctor when you are sick or hurt
    • Stay in good health
    • Keep you safe
  • If someone takes advantage of me
    • If someone asks you to take things from a store that have not been paid for
    • If a person steals from you
    • Make you do things you do not want to do
    • If a person makes you eat food you do not like

If your rights are taken away
These are some of the ways your rights can be taken away, if:

  • a person goes into your private space, like your bedroom and you do not want them to
  • you do not get to pick how to spend your own money
  • others take away the telephone
  • others take away your belongings
  • others keep your medicine when you do not want them to have it or make you take it when you do not need it

There are lots of things that others do that can make you feel bad. You need to talk to a person that you trust.

Some times your support staff may have to take away some of your rights. This would happen if you were going to hurt yourself or some one else. For example, the staff may hold you back to stop you from being hit by a car or stop you if you were going to hit someone or take things that are not yours. Staff could also stop you from doing things that are not good for your health. For example, if you are diabetic, staff may not let you eat sugar.

If this happens 3 or 4 times a month, the staff will talk to you about a Support Plan. This plan will try to teach you better ways to fix your problems or change things so you have less problems. This kind of Support Plan needs to be O.K. with you and your guardian and a psychologist. You or your guardian can stop the Support Plan at any time